Catch me at the Baltimore Book Fest this weekend!
September 25, 2016, 5-6PM
Horror, Dark Fantasy & Paranormal
If it goes bump in the night then it probably belongs here. Join us as we talk about our deepest fears and learn how authors catch just the right feeling of dread to keep you up all night.
Authors: Jeremy M. Gottwig, Richard Groller, John Edward Lawson, Emmie Mears, Damien Angelica Walters.
September 30-October 3 • DogCon 5
DogCon is a big shindig RDSP holds every year to celebrate books, authors and all our supporters. It’s a chance for the RDSP family to get together, meet each other, show off the latest works and begin new creative ventures. Activities will be running Friday to
Monday but Saturday, October 1 & Sunday October 2nd will be the main event. Each DogCon is different and this one will be more about strengthening the RDSP author community than having public book events. Activities on Saturday & Sunday afternoon/evening will be aimed at the public but other times will be more for the authors. However, anyone is still welcome to hang out the whole time. Plans are evolving but here are some of the things we will definitely do:
- Guest speaker publicity expert Beverly Bambury will give two workshops on book promotion techniques
- Group meals/snacks (likely a shrimp boil, s’mores, Gooey donuts and a cookout)
- Readers Choice Award winner announcement, presentation of the championship belt
- Beach bonfire (weather permitting) sponsored by Carrion Blue
- Instigation workshop by Michael A. Arnzen
- State of the Dog Address, what does the future hold for RDSP?
- Visit to Dogfish Head brewery (tours are available but are 1st come, not guaranteed)
- One-on-one sessions with Beverly will be available for a fee
- Story Swap: authors will swap short pieces & perform each others’ work aloud
- Thunderdome death matches (just kidding…maybe)
- Readings by RDSP authors
November 5-12 • From Concept to Market: Create a Horror Book in One Week
Have you ever wanted to take advantage of a great idea? Have you wanted to get a book into the marketplace quickly to take advantage of a holiday season, current events, or just plain beat a competitor to your audience’s wallet? Learn the secrets of the most prolific writers, editors, graphic designers, and publicists in this online workshop. You will receive daily training and personal attention, have access to a members-only online community, learn how to save thousands of dollars by doing your own book design using free online tools, compose a manuscript in days, and initiate your publicity campaign. Hosted by John Edward Lawson.